In TeamUnity’s Tower Profit activity, teams collaborate in small groups and use quick thinking and creativity to construct towers that maximize profit: it’s a battle of resources used and revenue gained!
Each team will receive a set of giant blocks with the goal of designing a free-standing tower. The taller it is, the higher its value! Additionally, teams will receive an outline of the revenue and cost factors that will influence their profit margins. Better use of resources results in a higher net gain.
Build a tower with positive Net Profit
– Tower must be able to stand freely for 1 minute
– No other materials can be used in the construction
– Two phases: Planning and Construction (important cost implications below)
– You can manipulate bricks (sort, count) during Planning, but Construction begins the moment two bricks are joined together
– Each team will report its strategies and lessons learned during the post-build debrief
Upon completion of each team’s constructed tower, our professional staff will evaluate each tower and assess its value.
Following each tower’s profit review, teams will be given additional time to re-evaluate their towers and attempt to increase their profit yield, enhancing on their previous plans and design.